Charlottenberg & The Untimely Death of Mr Squidgy


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Värmland County
April 26th 2009
Published: April 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sadly, some objects are just not made for long and chaotic travels across Scandinavia. Mr Squidgy was one of them. A trusty blue and white spotted travel cushion, he served Alyce well on the arduous plane trek from Perth, through Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam to Bergen. He accompanied her through Oslo, Copenhagen, Malmo and Stockholm... Where he sadly met his demise. Twisted tightly around a hook on her pack for 11 days proved too much for the brave (and comfortable) cushion, and he finally gave up the ghost and dropped to the floor, scattering hundreds of polystyrene balls everywhere. He will be sorely missed. (But possibly quickly replaced for the flight home). May he rest in peace, where-ever the Stockholm garbage trucks take him...

Apart from that sad news, not much to report. We spent the day on trains travelling from Stockholm (Sweden) to Charlottenberg (Sweden, but right on the border to Norway). Our hotel is lovely, it is really new, brightly decorated and there is enough room in the shower to actually partake in showering without gaining bruises from bashing into walls. It is next to a beautiful river and a rather boring shopping centre. The only downside is that, when they advertised on their website as being "a few minutes from the train station", they meant a few minutes DRIVING. It was a 1.5km walk. With huge backpacks. Not that much fun.

Tomorrow we hit the road again for Oslo.

We have included the photos from our Stockholm adventures in this blog, rather than the previous, which is all Malmo.

Missing everyone very much.

Also missing reasonably priced coffee.

Love to one and all...

Michy & Alyce


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

SkansenSkansen
Skansen

Elk? I think...
Skansen Skansen
Skansen

Bears...
SkansenSkansen
Skansen

Foxy Loxy
SkansenSkansen
Skansen

White Owl...
SkansenSkansen
Skansen

Piggy!
SkansenSkansen
Skansen

Milestone
SkansenSkansen
Skansen

Daffodils


27th April 2009

no....not Mr Squidgy.....
so sorry to hear about the passing of your close friend and sleeping buddy.....naptimes will never be the same again Lycie.....glad you're enjoying yourselves and seeing all the sights...can't wait to see your slide show when you return home...enjoy the last week...miss u...have fun...

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb