Last night in Sweden


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Uppsala County » Uppsala
November 19th 2008
Published: November 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The pre-holiday in Sweden went really fast, too fast for my liking. The last three days was very eventful, Kajsa and Mike came up from Linkoping, on Friday, just after Steve had managed to chop a bit of his finger off whilst chopping the peppers for the evening meal. Kristina (my mum) felt extremely guilty, because she was the one that had asked Steve to help out in the kitchen, Erik (my dad) was on the other hand very proud of the sharpness his knife (only kidding). The rest of the night Steve had to sit with his arm straight up in the air, drinking whiskey, a well known medicine in the Berglund family, to ease the pain. I can report, that Steve’s finger is healing well and should be fully better in a couple of days.

Saturday started with a shopping tour in to Uppsala, to buy some last minute travelling gear, for the big trip. Then home to Bjorklinge for a lovely Greek feast, rustled up by Kristina. After the meal we had decided to return back to Uppsala, for some drinks at O’Connors, an Irish bar in the centre of Uppsala. Erik had kindly offered to drive us all in to Uppsala (in the Volvo), leaving the rest of us to squeeze in the back, of course, since I am the youngest, I had to lie horizontal over everyone else in the back seat. After a lot of tickling and screaming we finally arrived in Uppsala, I felt quite sick and disorientated, but that soon eased off. O’Connor’s was crowded with people, we got a small table in the middle of the pub. We were far too many for the little table, and I think the waitress thought we were in the way. She was moody all night. Two of my oldest and closest friends came and joined us (Hanna and Astrid), with their partners. It was sooooo nice to see them, and we all had a great night. The night ended with a visit to the sweet shop, where Erik practiced a bit of Turkish with the shop owner, we then took the taxi home to Bjorklinge.

It was hard to say goodbye to everyone, especially mum and dad and my sister. But we will soon be back.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



26th November 2008

Sura killen
Jag gillar att killen som trängde sig förbi hela tiden står bakom oss på bilden. Saknar er och är avis som fan! Enjoy Boracay and I hope it stops raining! When I was there it rained at night but was clear all day. Don't forget to go snorkling n to get a boat over to the crystal caves. Miss you like I always do! Love x x x

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb