Day 7 - Kalltorpssjon


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
July 30th 2017
Published: July 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This morning we all hit the trails for various loops. After we were all done, we headed out to the lake for the afternoon. It was called Kalltorpssjon (pronounced Chulterpsun). This lake is just at the south end of Stockholm and it is very peaceful. It feels like you are hundreds of miles from any city. There are walking paths all around it and quite a few docks where people were swimming. There were also rocky outcroppings where people laid on their towels. Looking out around the lake, the shore is mostly trees with rocky areas scattered around. There were quite a few people swimming and some kayakers. No motor boats allowed on this lake. Thus the quietness. On the walk in to the lake, there is another "Gym" (participaction park), mini golf, beach volleyball, and restaurant. We found a nice spot on the rocks and relaxed for a while. Nigel and Russell both jumped in and swam out to the floating raft. It was chilly at first but then they said it was quite nice. Later we came home and relaxed on the patio. After dinner, Russell rode to the turf (obviously) and the rest of us walked to Langsjon which is the lake 500m from our house. It is so lovely. There are walking paths around most of it so we walked around it. I caught a baby toad which was smaller than my pinky nail and so cute! There is a small beach too that seems to be always pretty busy! Scroll down to see all the pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb