Trolls Have Their Centenary! – II


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
July 14th 2012
Published: July 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wanderer
How does John Bauer see his trolls

Trolls were not at all indifferent to the practical benefits. Quite often, they feature a large, robust real property bags. Good evening, old man! the boy greeted. This character has a typical for most of the trolls large round nose – almost like a scone (rarely, especially for troll wives we found a bird’s beak like noses).
But on the next picture is a real cash-drawer. On the middle of the floor there was an open treasure chest and with two horrible trolls sitting. They were so busy counting the treasure that they neither saw nor heard Tjovik enter. Troll is at counting his money and his position expresses the attention, vigilance. This image as whole reminds the miserly knight character of southern folklore. Just another example of property and wealth related theme – strong door, which apparently protects a cave or a warehouse. Remarkable is a long and strong tail – a sign of belonging to both worlds: the human and this of forest beasts.

And here’s another practical interface moment. Troll’s mother and the little boy bring pot. When evening came, troll mother and the boy sneaked out of the mountain. They carried the trolls’ cauldron between themselves. It is very practical – to three feet so strong to use as suspended over the fire, and also put firmly on the ground with fire at the bottom. Scene of a very businesslike, even a serious exaggeration. Note the symmetrical layout of trees and their curved, rounded disappearance in the ground . Otherwise the tree roots are precisely and delicately drawn with their windings, branches, nodes and prongs. But here they are more decorative, almost like some kind of fabric, tapestry.
Here the artist with a mild humor shows a household view but in a complicated situation. Messengers from the troll people had come to consult the witch. The story one can only sense, but everyone feels the surprise, confusion and ignorance. Even the old bearded troll looks quite embarrassed and confused – what to do now?! Peculiar are the enormous fly-agarics against the statures of trolls at the big house corner. But most importantly – each of personages with their own character and individuality.
And a farewell – another big, strong troll family. In the Christmas Night. A real March of the Dwarfs as by Edvard Grieg only a serious, important, weighty one. In addition, again, different generations of creatures, small troll kids being in the way, the parents seriously and with great sense of duty go their course.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb