Stopover Stockholm


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
December 8th 2006
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 59.2209, 18.1055

On Friday 8th Dec 06 we officially had 1 hour and 20 minutes to change planes in Stockholm (coming from Copenhagen) going to Kiruna, anyone would that was enough time but as Swedish law means if you fly into Sweden & are getting connecting internal flight you have to collect your bags & re-drop them at the baggage point. We did not have a second to spare as they only had one baggage from point open & there was a 30 minute queue, and as its a big enough airport changing from terminal 5 to terminal 4 takes quite a while (and this is if you are relatively fit I'd hate to think how long it takes older people). By the time all this was done (with no dawdling on our part) & we went through the 2nd security for the internal flight we were the last people on the plane.
Note for anyone who might ever be doing this: there's no warning printed on SAS travel itineraries for people getting connecting internal flights in Sweden so they know in advance that they will have to collect & re check in their luggage & we were just about told in Cph we would have to do it and thet there would be many signs telling people what to do, there was not, and if we followed a transfer information sign which was in the opposite direction of where we had to go we'd have missed the flight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.063s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb