Sad to Say Goodbye


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Skåne County
May 20th 2016
Published: May 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

We got on the road after a lovely breakfast and chat with our hosts at Red Bird Farm. They moved here from the UK and seemed to enjoy the Swedish country life. They told us that most of the local breads use the oil from the beautiful bright yellow fields that are everywhere in the countryside. We saw a ton of Southern Sweden as we meandered 4 hours or so (sometimes behind tractors) to return the car to Volvo in Gothenburg. Most of it was through the raindrops as we had our first bad weather day. We said goodbye to the XC90 (it was awesome to drive) and we’ll reunite with her in the States in the beginning of July. We met lots of other Americans here picking up their cars (from Oregon, Michigan, and California). Everyone seems happy with the program, expect one poor guy. He ordered the top of the line model but forgot to order the “vision package” (blind spot detector, 360 cameras, etc) and decided he wanted to add it. They were nicely telling him “not possible” but when we left he was still trying and looking very bummed. Then we hopped a train for a 3 hour ride to Stockholm. We found a nice hotel within walking distance of the train station. It’s right in the city and will be a good home base. Stockholm seems quaint and safe from what we saw quickly. More exploring tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 19; dbt: 0.1448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb