Road trip to Skane


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Skåne County
July 30th 2016
Published: September 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The week after arriving in Gothenburg, we were invited to Skane in Southern Sweden to visit with extended family for a couple of days. We had a great time with Margarita at her riverside home. The river at the bottom of the garden is frequently used by rafters and they just seemed to float past amidst the long grasses and wildflowers. Early mornings and at dusk we were fortunate to get glimpses of a small family of deer although they were a bit shy when the camera was in sight.

An old bakery was an intriguing place we found on the track to the riverside. Now used as a garage, the stonework and window frames were very picturesque set amongst some very old oak trees and rambling wild raspberries. The flower pots were the work of a local artist/sculptor and made the area look very summery and cheerful. We spent considerable time on the deck just relaxing in the sun and drinking coffee - a very nice Swedish tradition.

We managed to fit in a little shopping trip to buy some amazing wool floor rugs and cushions for Richard and Eva's apartment. Once again wishing I had room in the backpack.

We drove a little further South almost to Malmo to visit another family member where we had a scrumptious lunch before heading back to Gothenburg. Swedish hospitality is so wonderful.

The E6 highway is very easy to navigate (especially with a GPS) and I slowly got used to being a passenger on the right side of the car although it still seems wrong not to have a brake at my foot.

A pleasant way to see a bit more of the country. No sightings of moose yet however we did spy some deer ranging across the newly harvested wheat fields. Swedish barns look so attractive nestled in the rolling hills and evergreen trees.

Another successful road trip. Enjoy the scenery.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb