Eye can't believe it!


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Jönköping County » Jönköping
September 5th 2005
Published: October 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

What lousy timing!

Normally when I return home from a longer trip somewhere it is almost certain that I will be floored by some kind of illness, typically light fever and a cold. This time however I had neatly avoided it even though people were running around my workplace with running noses and discrete coughs, and I felt pretty good about that, until at the end of last week when I suddenly noticed my left eye was starting to get wee bit red. Not really caring that much about it until yesterday when the entire white had been replaced by a nice blood red colour, generally turning the eye into looking like some funky piece of meat. My eyesight is not affected though, and having initially wanted to wait it out I realize it may be a good idea to see the doctor after all.

After my first appointment with the common practitioner I am sent straight to the specialists at the regional hospital. The doctor is having a student present and they are discussing my apparent adenovirus infection with great interest and make some different experiments and I start getting impressions of being on the dissection table. I am promptly handed some kind of cortizon eyedrops and fortunately no onward travel warning. However, when applying the eyedrops for the first time my vision immediately grows blurry and the eye gets itchy. Not to worry though, this is a temporary condition to be expected. Oh joy... and I am supposed to travel to Bhutan in four days time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb