On to Revsunds prästgärd


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Jämtland County » Bräcke
July 3rd 2018
Published: July 13th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Revsunds prästgärd is run by Rueben, a Dutchman who was involved in creating the S:t Olavsleden route from the many individual routes that came together and linked up. The signage alone is clearly a massive undertaking, with everything from small 20mm or so square tiles on stakes, through 50mm or so signs on a variety of square and oblong red painted timber boards and hung, nailed, screwed and strapped to posts, trees etc, and finally big welcome signs at various county and local government boundaries.

Revsunds is also a meeting place where several of the St Olav routes meet in Sweden before heading off again in different ways to Trondheim.

So I put in a pretty big day to get here from Mordviken (Murder Bay). Most of the morning was spent on quiet roads and forest path, with one rather tiring stretch along the E14 just before Gällö. Then to stay off the main road, the route followed a series of older, and steeper, gravel roads further up the slopes.

The prästgärd is a lovely old house, and my room was huge, not that it makes that much difference if it is just to sleep in for the night.

I had to make a change of plans here, finally arranging a place to stay near Pilgrimstad, not as far as I had wanted to go the next day, and leaving the following day a bit longer than I had wanted it to be.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb