we saw the sea!


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Gotland County
July 18th 2006
Published: July 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I am beginning to realise how big the world really is, an impression that is lost completely when one flies away on holiday. The journey to Stockholm is a long 36 hour slog up the Baltic sea, with no sight of land which if we could see it would be Sweden on the port side or Russia on the Starboard side. But at least the sea is still calm.

Sitting in the Broadway lounge waiting for some amusement or other I turned to the old lady on my right who had just been served with a bright pink cocktail by a charming waitress and said, "They are very sweet these Philipinos, aren't they?" She paused only briefly before glancing at her drink and replying with a big smile, "Yes they are a bit sweet, but they are a lovely colour!"

Last night, the on board Show team put on a one hour version of Pygmalian - the sound system was absolute rubbish and Eliza's father was played by an Australian who couldn't manage Cockney to save his life. But it was ok and the Shaw's lines are especially funny with an audience full of Why Ayes! We have got Abigail's Party and some other play to look forward to all put on by the same team who are the same guys who dance in lycra and lace.

I am pushing the boat out today and going for a massage with someone called Butch! We don't know if it is a scary lady or a hunky bloke - shall let you know tomorrow.

This must be the only travelblog from a cruise ship - correct me if I am wrong. It all seems so ridiculously tame campared to the usual contributions! But at least you will know that I have not yet fallen overboard!

Advertisement



19th July 2006

Boating
Glad your living it up on the big blue, the cruise sounds fantastic. In my current location i´m very jealous of all that luxury. See you soon Will

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb