I smell like a roast lamb!!


Advertisement
Published: June 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are on yet another holiday! This time we are on a 4 day mini break in Green Spain. Green Spain, as the name suggests, is the bit of Spain that is very green. It is on the northern coast and it does not really look like Spain at all!

We are currently staying in Hotel Posada del Valle which is on organic farm in the mountains. The view from the window are lovely.

We drove here in our hire car which is a Citroen C2. I know we booked a 3dr economy car but still! I have never seen a car with such a small boot. And we thought the boot of the Toyota Corolla we had in Australia was on the small side. It was huge compared to this. It is just as well that we only have one bag as there was no way you could have fitted 2 in. Why is it that all hire companies say "Renault Clio or equivalent" and never ever give you a Clio? I have a 3dr Clio and I know that you can fit a lot in the boot, also it is capable of travelling up hills with out slowing down which is more than could be said for the C2!

This area of Spain is really pretty. It is kind of NZ meets Switzerland. There are lots of cows about and I can constantly hear the cows bells jangling in the distance. We went on a big walk today in the Picos de Europa national park. The views were stunning. It was not the place for people who have vertigo as the path was quite narrow and cut into the side of a mountain. We saw quite a few mountain goats. They had got wise to tourists and would appear from nowhere if they heard the rustle of someone getting food out of their bag!

In case you are wondering why I smell like roast lamb then it is because of the shampoo and shower gel in the hotel. The stuff they had was organic and produced locally. It was made of olive oil with rosemary and thyme amongst other herbs. It smelt lovely but it did remind you of Sunday lunch!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Mountain goatMountain goat
Mountain goat

They were so cute and friendly. I could not stop taking their photo!


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb