Pamplona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre » Pamplona
March 16th 2012
Published: March 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

"On the way to Barcelona". That's the only reason we really considered Pamplona. We weren't especially keen to see the route of the running of the bulls, the event for which the town is famous.

"Well worth the stopover". That's the opinion we formed after a day in the town. It has a lovely old town and the citadel is really impressive if you're into old military architecture; like me - I know, I know, "whatever floats your boat".

The town has a nice feel to it and is much bigger than we thought. Open spaces, nice people; especially the hotel staff who were the most helpful we have meet so far. We walked every inch of the old town and I rode my bike a little further afield. There are market gardens and rural scenery right next to the most densely populated part of the town. There is a fantastic old medieval bridge across which pilgrims walking the Santiago de Compostela would have crossed to get through the old city walls and into the town.

If you're reading this, Tiani, you and Bill may have walked over it. We thought of you guys as we followed the trial markers into the town.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb