Big Day Out in the Sun


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Logroño
April 6th 2010
Published: April 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Los Arcos to Logrono


Leaving Los Arcos


Today was the day to get some items in the post, so there was a period of to-ing and fro-ing to get that done. The officina de correos opened at 8.30, but did not accept credit cards. So it was back to the market square, where the cash point at the bank had run out of notes.

A woman came out to let me know that she was filling the machine up, and then again when she had finished. Back down to the correos, and a pile of forms to complete. Probably about the same as would be required at home, just a little more difficult to interpret. The staff were extremely helpful, despite my limited Spanish.

I left feeling that Los Arcos was clearly in the running for the most friendly town of the trip so far.

Big Push to Logrono


Today is the first of two close to 30km days, so I was glad to be rid of a couple of kilograms of stuff from my pack.

Spent most of the day walking alone, with a short stretch chatting to a 73yo German banker.

Getting into Logrono was a bit of a pain, with a long stretch of industrial outskirts and then wasteland close to the city. Once at the albergue, it was chaos. It seemed three staff were trying to handle the best part of about 60 near simultaneous arrivals. To give them their due, and hour later, things had calmed down, and everything was much nicer.

Did some shopping and had a pilgrim´s dinner with an Englishwoman whose partner had been hospitalised for a couple of days. Nice change of company.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb