Malpica - a bit more of Galicia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Malpica de Bergantiños
July 26th 2015
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.2961, -8.81109

In the end, come Friday morning I was relieved to see the back of Camping San Francisco. It could be so quiet and peaceful at times, but come nightfall through until midnight young children (some looked no more than age 5) ran amok, playing hide and seek around the cramped pitches, shrieking, bumped into our caravan on more than one occasion. I am all for families and their offspring enjoying holidays under canvas or in caravans, but this was beyond the limit for me particularly as the receptionist informed us that a security guard is on duty at night. Perhaps it is a Spanish thing since we have experienced noisy behaviour in the past from both young and older.

Our next transfer was a short one - barely two hours - to Camping Sisargas, near Malpica de Bergantinos, set in a grove of pine trees, but generally flat so pitching was not a problem this time - all done and dusted by midday, albeit in drizzle. There are a few British registrations here so a sign that we are getting closer to the long distance ferry ports of northern Spain making it a viable destination for those who don't have
Interesting sculpture!Interesting sculpture!Interesting sculpture!

Faro Nariga, Galicia
the luxury of extended breaks away like ourselves.

Over the weekend we have had two attempts at visiting the nearby seaside village of Malpica, but abandoned due to lack of parking and being far too busy for us. We have since been told that a music event has been taking place as well as some public holiday or other so that would also explain why the campsite filled up. However, on advice from Pablo who manages the site with wife, Emma, we did drive out to the headland yesterday and its lighthouse at Nariga, free from crowds and with fantastic Atlantic views in the bright sunshine.

This morning, more drizzle, and after lunch it began to brighten up so drove out to another seaside location - Razo - with its wide expanse of clean sandy beach, where we watched many surfers under instruction to ride the waves. We ourselves walked on the sand but deemed the Atlantic far too cold to go any further.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



28th July 2015

Just had a catch up on your blog...looks like you have visited some amazing places. If I were you would head back south as it is quite chilly here at the moment! Enjoyable reading Lynni xx

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb