Where is the lighthouse?


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » La Coruña
April 29th 2013
Published: April 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

At the far western corner of Louro Bay, where our campsite is, there is a peninsular called Monte Louro. At the tip of this peninsular there is a lighthouse and there are sand dunes in the bay the other side of it. Today started with showers and sunny intervals, so armed with kagouls and backpacks with coffee and a packed lunch, we set off around the bay to reach either the lighthouse of the dunes, or maybe both. We didn´t get to either! We found the footpath to the sand dunes but, being out of season it was so overgrown with nettles that it really wasn´t fun (especially for little Bella who disappeared in them). So, contenting ourselves with a view of the dunes from a nice grassy bank above the gorse bushes and nettles, we ate our picnic. As for the lighthouse, in the absence of any signposts or visible pathways, we gave up. We think that one has to walk beyond the dunes and then a track sweeps back to the lighthouse. Not sure! Never mind, it was a good long walk and the doggies loved the beach. They are not interested in swimming, only paddling, but they really love running on the soft white sand. Where we live, on the Costa Blanca, dogs are not allowed on the beaches, so this is a real treat for them. This evening it is very cold, despite the sunshine. It is the cold wind. Tomorrow we are off to Santiago de Compostela.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb