The Final Countdown...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Extremadura » Trujillo
September 22nd 2004
Published: September 22nd 2004
Edit Blog Post

It's raining, it's pouring... why are we not surprised?! Today is officially the first day of Autumn, although we've already had the central heating on for a week. Still, on Monday I'm off to sunny Spain!!

The town I'm going to is called Trujillo, in the region of Extremadura. Not many people have heard of Extremadura, but it's the region which borders Portugal and is north of Andalucia (where they have lots of flamenco dancing). Basically, south of Madrid, but north of Sevilla. Oh, go and look it up in an atlas...

According to the official town website, which may be slightly biased, Trujillo is the most beautiful and unspoilt of all the conquistador towns. Several famous explorers, including Francisco Pizarro (who discovered Peru), came from Trujillo, and the lovely houses they built on their return are still standing. Apart from its history, Trujillo has many other attractions - the cheese & wine museum, an ostrich farm, a castle (where nuns live, and make cakes and biscuits), a monastery, many fiestas and, best of all... an annual cheese festival. What more could a girl want...

At the moment, my room is a bombsite of clothes and books which somehow need to be reduced to 20kg. I'm not ready for this at all - when did this ever seem like a good idea?!!

Hasta luego
K x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb