quickie


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
September 4th 2006
Published: September 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

i´m gonna have to cut this short, since im about to head to the city celebration of spain´s victory as world champions in basketball, but yea, i´m alive and well.

madrid is magnificent, but that of course goes without saying. i´ve already had my fill of paella, jamón serrano, el corte inglés, and all of the other wonderful things here.

my residencia is very nice, though i have yet to meet my roommate. apparently there´s a kid from zaragoza (2 hrs from madrid) in my room, but he´s gone for a few days and will only be here until the end of the month. then in october i´ll have another spanish roommate.

today we started our intensive language course at the instituto sempere, and it seems like it´ll be a good thing for the next three weeks. plus, it doesn´t start until 3pm, so we can go out every night, that is, if we so choose to... :-)

mo and i are being pretty dedicated and speaking only spanish to eachother, though with the other americans its difficult because they tend to speak english all the time. oh well.

next weekend we head to salamanca (organized trip).

its hot as hell, but my room has an air conditioner, thank god.

that´s all for now. hasta luego!

Advertisement



4th September 2006

what a title...

Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 19; qc: 107; dbt: 0.1146s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb