prado


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
June 9th 2006
Published: June 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

so we wnet to the prado, and after 3 in hours in there i had to leave. complete overflow of art into my brain. they did allow pictures in there but the problem with taking a picture of a painting is just that. it´s a picture of a painting. it´ll never do it justice no matter how great your camera is. instead i took a few shots of my favorite marble sculptures.


i saw so many paintings there including the three muses, and lots of saint sebastion. he is probabaly my favorite martyrd saint, hands down, there´s just so much you can do with a composition of a man being killed by arrows you know?

my favorite though i think had to do with these story about a man and a vision. there´s a man that goes into the woods alone one friday , he´s pouting because the woman he loves does not love him back. He sees a naked woman being chased by a man on a horse and some dogs. when the man on the horse cathces her, he rips her heart out of her bofy through a hole in her back ..and feeds her heart to the dogs. apparently this woman has been destined to spend hell being chased every friday through the woods to come to this end because she didn´t love the man who loved her, and he killed himself.

well, the man in the woods, at first is afraid of this vision, but then decides to use it to his advantage. he invites everyone he knows including the woman he loves to the woods the next friday, in the middle of the meal the vision comes again and everyone is scared. the man explains what is happening while the woman´s heart is being eaten, and right there the woman he loves accepts his marriage proposal. pretty grusome huh? talk about taking advantage of a situation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb