MuchoMadrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
January 29th 2006
Published: January 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey all. We are still in Paris with a few hours to spare and Jenn is packing in the Hotel so instead of watching Friends dubbed in French I thought I would try and update you on the last couple of days in Madrid. Jenn was feeling under the weather due to something she ate so we scheduled our days accordingly, which means very low key. On Saturday we had to truck around the city to 2 different train stations so that we could buy our train tickets to Paris. After we found a station that was open, we then came back to where we started and attempted to go see the Palacio Real (The Royal Palace) but it was closed so we just wandered around the gardens outside the palace. It was pretty late in the afternoon at this point and neither of us were hungry so we decided to go see another movie. This time we saw Me and You and Everyone We Know. It was very entertaining but a little strange. After filling up on popcorn and soda, we headed back to the Hostel and got lots of rest. On Sunday we went to the Museo del Prado and then had a really nice lunch at Pizza Marzana. It was very yummy. Likely our last pizza and pasta meal for awhile. Our train ride to Paris was pretty uneventful except neither of us were tired likely due to the tons of rest we got in Madrid, so we stayed up reading until I finished my book and Jennifer couldnt stand it anymore. We were entertained by the room next door for you could here one of them snoring thru our walls. I am sure his roommates were loving it. That's it really. I cant say that our last few days were a huge party but I think the laziness was nice. We are both very excited about retruning home. It will be about 14 hours of flying for me and 11 hours for Jenn and then home sweet home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb