Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
October 11th 2005
Published: October 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well we landed safely and got ourselves to our hotel and then of course did what anyone does in Spain - went out for tapas and sangria!

It was tuesday night and we were amazed at how many people were out and about, so went bar hopping for a bit, before going to bed. the next day we went sight seeing up to the Palace were something was obviously happening with the amount of people and officials and guards on horses, etc about. We wandered off before suddenly realising that a lot of things were shut and it did not seem to be just for seista. We then discovered it was a national holiday! no wonder there had been so many out on a tuesday night...

there ísn´t anything too exciting to say about madrid - it is a great city and i do love it but we were only there to relax and have been there before. the one major thing we did discover there is that along one street right in the middle of the shopping district there seems to be an aweful amount of girls by themselves wearing very tight jeans/short skirts just waiting around....
Palace guardsPalace guardsPalace guards

one of these guys had obviously celebrated a bit too much the night before andkept falling asleep on his horse!

On Friday we were on our way to Sth America. We had a 3pm flight and so we turned up at lunch to discover no flight on the board. Not good. off we went to the airlines desk. when it was our turn the girl went ´right - you were on the 3pm flight to BA? that has been postponed to tomorrow morning. here are some vouchers for a hotel and dinner and...´ This is were we had to interupt as we actually had connecting flights and couldn´t wait. Luckily there was a flight that night that she got us on. So instead of waiting the following morning in buenos aries airport for 8 hours, we hung around madrid and only having less then an hour wait! Worked out very well indeed.

Anyway it is now really farewell Europe!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

something we did a bit of...something we did a bit of...
something we did a bit of...

what else do you do in Madrid??


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb