Bloody Spanish Bastards!!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
October 5th 2005
Published: October 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hola

Immediate problems which is nice. Not the best start to our trip. If the rest is anything like the first bit then we going to have a trying time!

Checking in online last night for a 7am departure, we gound that those lovely people at Iberia Airways indiscriminately decided to cancel us off our flights to Madrid and then the connecting flight to Quito without telling us!!

After a period of panic where we found there was no way of getting those flights we managed to get BA to sort it for us, so we got a later flight out to Madrid with BA, had to fork out for a hotel then get a flight to Quito the next day (6th). Luckily our tour doesn’t depart until the 7th at 10 am. And Iberia will pay. Oh yes they will.

Added to that we've just been driving around in circles for 40 mins trying to find our hotel with a insane Spanish taxi driver who stung us for all our small amount of euros. Only good points are as we've got "Silver Frequent Flyer" we used the cracking Heathrow business check-in, lounge with free food and drinks plus our hotel is lovely, modern and has a laptop with internet (so I'm writing this) and lcd digital tv, so it's all a bit luxurious at the moment which isn't proper travelling. I want no washing for 3 weeks whilst lugging a huge heavy rucksack on smelly crowded public buses! Can't wait.

Already I wished we had tried to learn more Spanish, oh well better get on.

Lets hope Iberia don’t cancel our flight booking tomorrow otherwise we'll be in trouble!

Click on this link and you can plot our progress through an ingenious travel map. Amazing, I'm sure you'll agree heartedly.
Lovely Route Map

Cheers for now
Ricardo Galbro and Toadfish Rebecki (who has been snoozing now for about 3 hours)

Visited Countries Map




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Lovely view of MadridLovely view of Madrid
Lovely view of Madrid

From our hotel


6th October 2005

Sorry to hear about your start ...I would cry if it wasn't so funny, told you you should haven't good old wokers stuart slater Lewis
19th October 2005

Sorry that you have had such a frantic start to your trip, but im sure that it will improve soon! I hope the truck journey is totally brilliant, jenny and co.
17th April 2009

pareja de retrasados
i,m so sorry about your start... .why don,t you people just can,t stop crying all the time?!!!!.fucking stupid english allways complaining!!! all of you are just rich kids who doesn,t know how to apreciate anything.never mind how much information you have ,you allways get it wrong!!!learn to enjoy life and please stay in england cause nobody wants you outside idiots!!!!! fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 11

Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 34; qc: 104; dbt: 0.1424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb