Our last day by the pool


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia
June 21st 2009
Published: June 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Oh dear, I am in trouble today. After being a bit grumpy for the last day or so Bernie has finally revealed that he really, REALLY wanted to go to Port Aventura while we were here. I didn’t realize it was on our ‘must do’ list, more something that we might do. I thought that we came to Spain to enjoy the sun and have a really relaxing time just lazing about, but Bernie thought that if there is an adventure park handy that we should visit that too. I must say, though, that I had been a bit shocked to discover that it was going to cost about €40 (each) when we looked at the brochure when we first arrived last week. When I said that we could go today, Bernie decided that it wasn’t what he wanted to do on the last day of our holiday?!

So we have vegetated by the pool and in our room for most of the day again today! We did venture over to the beach a little while ago only to discover that it is very windy again this afternoon. Since we were there we decided to swim anyway … until we dipped our toes in the water to discover that the water was freezing!! We both decided that we didn’t want to get that cold. We lay on the beach for a few minutes, but soon decided that the sand blowing all over us was too unpleasant. Mind you, it didn’t seem to be deterring many others as the beach was quite full. Maybe they had travelled further to the beach and felt they had to stay to make their journey worthwhile????

On our way over to the beach we checked our departure time for tomorrow with the Thomas Cook rep over in Estival Park I. Apparently we shall have to check out at 10.00am in the morning and then kill time until 2.45pm when the bus will come to collect us to return us to the airport at Reus for our flight back to Manchester at 5.15pm. The idea might be to find a tapas bar for lunch and spend an hour or so over lunch to fill in a bit of time?? I think we have about half an hour of internet time left too, so we can spend a bit of time in the morning checking our emails and updating the blog to fill in some more time.

I will never complain about the scheduling of advertising on Australian television again! Bernie was channel surfing and happened upon ‘Jaws’ which I have never seen. He told me it was right near the classic ending to the film so we thought that we might as well watch it. Just as they lowered the shark cage into the water it cut to an ad break that ran for about 15 minutes! No kidding. Never mind go to the toilet and make a cup of tea - there was enough time to have a shower and cook dinner before the climax of the movie was shown. You know, the bit where he blows the shark up by shooting the oxygen cylinder in its mouth with a shot gun?!!! I couldn’t believe that everyone thought this was so scary in its day??!! Maybe not being able to understand the dubbed Spanish dialogue didn’t help? But that shark sure looked fake to me some 30 years down the track from when this suspense masterpiece was filmed!!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.2532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb