Carnaval in Sitges


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Sitges
February 5th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Photo 1Photo 1Photo 1

some early constumers before the night begun
I have no photos to do this experience justice. Being such a crazy night, I didnt bring my camera for the high chance of it getting pick-pocketed. However I was able to get a few before the night begun! In spain, they have this week long celebration called Carnaval. The weekends and last day are the best nights to celebrate and although Barcelona enjoys the festivities, no one does it like the town of Sitges (probably because the towns population is something like 45% gays, and we all know gays know how to have a good time!) So, some friends and I hopped on the train Saturday night, and it was so good I was doing it again on Tuesday! Tuesday was the biggest night because Ash Wednesday was the next day and everyone can indulge in all the awfuls they will be giving up the next day. I´ve never seen anything like this, since it would never be allowed in the United States. Everyone was dressed in the most nonsense costumes. It´s not like out Halloween where we actually dress up as a character of sorts. The costumes here were completely random and thrown together, but everyone went all out.
Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

the streets at 11:30am
It was sort of like how someone would dress up for a Daft Punk concert or something 😊 Everyone was out on the streets all night, watching the parade and floats go by with their music blarring. Bars were literally one after another... if it wasn´t a bar normally, it was for this night! There was a live disco on the beach and everyone was getting wet from the waves and sandy from the beach! Everything about it was carnaval 100%!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

beach where the disco took place
Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

next to the beach


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb