Two weeks in Spain!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Roses
March 17th 2016
Published: March 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We passed the two week mark yesterday and hardly noticed it. The weather continues to be mixed clouds and rain, but sun breaks are promised for later in the week. We're on the coast and there is no wind to speak of, so even if it's raining it's not particularly cold. However, we are missing out on some of the most dramatic scenery on the Costa Brava because we can't really hike up into the hills in this weather. We walked along the seafront this morning into the town center and found a massage therapist/chiropractor for LC to see tomorrow at 11:15AM. This man is about 45 and was referred to us by the women at the Farmacia who spoke "very good English" and knew right where to send us. Most of the people in this part of Spain seem to speak French more than Spanish or Catalan. We are just about 20 - 30 minutes from the France.

We had another beautiful lunch today at the restaurant that is part of this Hotel. The food here is prepared with such care and presented so beautifully. I had a cod dish yesterday that was just about the best fish dish I've had, and today at lunch I had veal cheeks and mashed potatoes and a little brown gravy. LC had a beautiful pile of grilled veggies.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb