To Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » La Rambla
January 30th 2011
Published: February 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Not much time today before heading to the airport, our usual breakfast at the riad and then we pop around the corner to buy some spices and other goodies. We say our farewell to Mohammed & our taxi arrives. Maroc airport is quite small, we buy some final souvinears and have a coffee (average) but at least the cafe had wireless internet! Our flight to Barcelona by Royal Air Maroc is via Tanger and is quite empty at the start. 45 mins to Tanger and then over an hour sitting on the tarmac, is now packed. Arrive 5PM, our bags take longer than Perth to come out and we find a taxi to the hotel. Driver no English so I hand him the address and he says nothing until stopping at La Ramba the drop off point as no cars allowed in the alleyway where our hiotel is. We make our way on foot and amazingly find the hotel amongst the maize of alleys that make up this area. Hotel room is compact, comfortable & not expecting to spend much time in here anyway, We head out around 7 to La Rambla amongst the tourists and the buskers, wander through the alleys and settle on a tapas bar. A huge beer, San Miguel and a bubbly for Jules & whilst still suffering from overeating in Marrakech, we order a fine selection of hot and cold tapas. The plan was to hop from bar to bar, but decidede we'd had enough food and found a bar called "Schilling", an interesting place with a varied clientele (tourists and locals) and a couple of hot barmaids to keep me amused. We stayed for a couple of hours, 3 reds and a cognac each for only 26 euros was a bargain. Walking back we dropped into a pub advertising lots of international beers. I have my first Duvell and Jules settles for a red, Rioja, which is undrinkable and we promptly get her a Mojita instead. Stagger back to hotel around midnight.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb