I travelled to Barcelona for less than 100€


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Esplugues de Llobregat
July 6th 2010
Published: July 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Travelling is one of the greatest ways of enjoying life. You can travel to learn about new cultures, you can travel to relax, or you can travel as a part of your business. I like to travel a lot and if there is one city I love to travel to it is Barcelona. I have written this guide to help those of you who love to travel and to go on vacation. Travelling has become much more easy as technology has been developed. This means that the costs of the traveller have been minimised and nowadays you can travel for almost no money. I have put together the ultimate guide for travelling to Barcelona from anywhere in Europe for no more than hundred euros.
I did this myself and I will now tell you how.
First of all I found out that the cheapest way of travelling is rideshare. Not only is it cheap but it's also very easy. With rideshare, or carpool as it is also known, you can put up an advert on one of the many rideshare and carpool websites on the Internet. I used Autostop.travel because it particularly aims to connect hitchhikers and drivers in Europe. I created a user and put up an advert saying that I was looking for a ride from Berlin to Barcelona. I put a budget of 20 euros and simply waited. Within three days I got 4 e-mails from drivers who could take me to Barcelona. I ended up paying 25 euros and I met John, a very nice guy, and we drove together to Barcelona.
beforehand I had checked out the awesome website Couchsurfing. It is simply amazing and it makes travelling much cheaper . It's a website where travellers can find hosts who are willing to let you sleep on their couch for a very low price. I found a local guy who let me stay for 10 euros a night. I only used the place for sleeping and I was out all day.
Before going to Barcelona I was told that you could find good buffets for almost no money. When I came to Barcelona I looked up a restaurant called "Fresco". It's a vegetarian restaurant where they have a buffet for 10 euros. They have a huge selection of dishes and there's no way you can go through all of them in one time. This is just an example but there are loads of those kinds of buffets in the centre and they are not hard to find .
When I went home I put up an advert on autostop.travel again and found a guy who could take me to Munich for 20 euros. From Munich I had beforehand arranged driving to Berlin with a friend who was driving there anyways.
So as you can see my 5 day trip to Barcelona cost me in total 95 euros with just a little research and a little but of fantasy.
I hope this will help you to your next travel!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.094s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb