Barcelona Day 1


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
June 1st 2017
Published: June 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the long delay with keeping up with the blog. The combination of limited Internet and long days are our excuse.



We landed in Barcelona at about 10 AM and decided to take a taxi rather than a bus to our hotel. The bus would have been about 6 euro per person but all in all, even though the taxi meter showed 28 when we arrived at our destination, it wound up being a 46 euro trip. We checked into our hotel which was like an apartment. We had 2 bedrooms, a full kitchen, a washing machine, a nice living room and great air conditioning! If ever in Barcelona, I can recommend the Casp 74 Apartments as a great place to stay both for the accommodations and the location.



After getting settled in, we decided to take a walk over to La Rambla which is a wide pedestrian street that runs down the city center. There are all sorts of street vendors and shops along the way. We also went over to the Citadel Park area and rented bikes for a few hours. It was a beautiful day so we rode around the park and down to the beach. Both were packed with locals enjoying the sun and the beach – why they weren’t working I have no idea. I don’t know why, but this was the first time I had such a hard time staying awake after a trans-continental flight; I was fighting to stay awake the whole time. At lunch I fell asleep snoring with my head on my hands, much to the kid’s amusement.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb