Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
September 1st 2016
Published: September 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


On the road again heading for Spain. The weather has been awesome so far, hot and dry.

Today we will be lunching in the medieval city of Carcassonne, before reaching Barcelona. We have noticed on our trails, how many jets are flying all over the place. There are vapour trails all over the sky. The further south we go, the more fruit trees there are and lush country side. Lots of Chateaus and villas surrounded by trees. The roads over here are brilliant. Smooth wide and mostly motorway. Leaves our roads for dead. The bus is comfortable and quiet, double glazed, reclining seats, curtains etc, very modern.

11am already 28 cel. The castle and fortifications at Carcassonne are definitely worth a look. Highlight for Warren. 2pm 33 cel, hot but no humidity. We got our first glimpses of the Med today, beautiful blue. 650km today.

Arrived in Barcelona around dinner time. Later in the evening we went into the city of Barcelona, to a fountain. This is like nothing we have seen before. There were thousands of people to watch the fountain. It doesn't run every day, we were very lucky to be there when it ran. The water shoots at a guess 10-15 metres in the air and lots of it. Power, lighting and sounds. It started just as a normal fountain and we thought it was just another fountain then suddenly it takes on a whole new look. It starts out with a magnificent display with the song from the Olympic Games by Freddie Mercury and Montserrat - Barcelona. Then carried on with well known songs for 20 mins. Very Spectacular.

Bull fighting, they have now banned it in Barcelona and turned all the bull fighting rings into shopping centres.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb