The Walk of Saint James 30 09 14


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León
September 30th 2014
Published: October 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi

Here in sahagun and in the kitchen area doing this blog. 7.30PM Tuesday the 30 September

Forget which Sagittarius is sometimes as no need to worry as most days we walk. To up earlyam and on the road by 7am. Still dark and the stars were out so Liz used her head lamp. My torch was helpful while I packed. We, that is Liz,Connie and I walked the six km to carron and caught the bus to sahagun or it was a 26km walk Plus another 10km I believe. As we arrived about 1PM was able to book in and look around town and had some green spaghetti with four cheeses which was very tasty. We are staying at the municipal abergue which is 5 Euro. Wooden roof and part of the church which is next door so high ceilings which means plenty of air movement so feel less cramped which helps for sleeping. Which is one thing that I am not having problems with.. have got a new blister on my little toe which has been happy for the last few weeks. Recently have been taking a other pair of socks and changing them at about 11am and the feet do feel a little better as a result so will probably continue to do it. Particularly when travelling 19km or more. My body is getting use to the walking but we will be staying an extra night here in sahagun. People are now thinking about how much time they have left and still many miles to go so not sure how long Connie will be travelling with us. She has to finish a week or more before Liz so we will see what happens. One has to walk ones own Camino at ones own rate so we will see. Half way and am enjoying every minute of it. So much to see and take in, with plenty of photos for me to remember.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb