Excurcion a Segovia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Segovia
September 9th 2006
Published: September 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

El AcueductoEl AcueductoEl Acueducto

The mind-boggling aqueduct in Segovia.
Hoy fuimos a un excurcion a Segovia con Pepa y Joana. Primero, di mi presentacion (la introduccion de Segovia) y luego, fuimos al Acueducto Romano. El acueducto es mas viejo que 2,000 anos. Fue construido en 1D.C., y tiene una longitud total de 10 millas y la parte mas alta es 95 pies. Entre sus sillares no existe material de union. Despues, fuimos a la catedral gotica. Fuimos de compras y comimos almuerzo. Habia ninos en la Plaza Mayor que se parecian como los ninos en "The Sound of Music." Luego fuimos al Alcazar, que es como un "Fairy Tale." Subimos (150 escaleras) el torre en el alcazar y tomamos fotos. Segovia es mi segunda favorita ciudad en Espana. Despues fuimos a los gardines en La Granja, y me encantaba esa visita porque los gardines son muy bonitos. El palacio y los gardines aqui se parece mucho como los de Versailles en Francia, pero la Granja es mas pequeno. Hoy fue un dia buenisimo, y no puedo esperar para la manana.

English: Today we went on an excursion to Segovia with Pepa and Joana. First, I gave my presentation (introduction to Segovia) and then we went to the Roman Aqueduct.
on topon topon top

a view of Segovia at the top of the aqueduct
The aqueduct is more than 2,000 years old. It was built in the year 1A.D. and is 10 miles long, 95 feet high. In between the stones, there is no mortar. The only thing holding the stones together is the pressure from the other stones and the fact that each one had to be placed perfectly on top of one another. After, we went to the Gothic cathedral. We went shopping and ate lunch in the Plaza Mayor. There were some kids playing who liked like the kids from "The Sound of Music." Then we went to the Castle, which looks like it belongs in a Fairy Tale. We climbed 150 steps to the top of the castle and took some pictures. Segovia is my second favorite city in Spain. Then we went to the gardens/palace in La Granja, and I loved this visit because the gardens are gorgeous. The palace and the gardens are very much like those of Versailles in France, but la Granja es much smaller. Today was an incredible day, and I can't wait until tomorrow morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

La CatedralLa Catedral
La Catedral

me in the Plaza Mayor in front of the cathedral.
La Catedral La Catedral
La Catedral

The spectacular cathedral in all it's glroy.
Narrow streetsNarrow streets
Narrow streets

The aqueduct peeking out from the narrow streets of Segovia.
El AlcazarEl Alcazar
El Alcazar

me in front of the castle
El AlcazarEl Alcazar
El Alcazar

the only reason we came to the top was to take pictures...and to see the view.
The PalaceThe Palace
The Palace

The spectacular palace in front of the gardens in La Granja
Lion StatueLion Statue
Lion Statue

showing my Monarch pride!
the i don't know what to call it statuethe i don't know what to call it statue
the i don't know what to call it statue

What kind of statue is this anyway? We named it a lanimal...lady+animal.
The man statueThe man statue
The man statue

Pretty, don't you think so?


9th September 2006

Kelly, me encanta leer de tus clases y viajes en espana, y no puedo esperar irme tambien!!! Me has inspirado escribir un ingles/espanol blog cuando yo me voy. Gracias. Es una lastima que no pudieramos vernos mas al fin de verano. Tuve que revolver el llave de la piscina, lo que me hizo triste. Pero... c'est la vie... Te echo de menos! Continuare leyendo tu blog... hasta luego amiga Love, Hana

Tot: 0.348s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb