Ahh Segovia!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Segovia
September 1st 2007
Published: September 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Segovia 1Segovia 1Segovia 1

Fleur with Segovia Cathedral in background
We spent the night last night in Segovia and have just returned to Madrid this afternoon.

Segovia, in contrast to Toledo, has an undeniable buzz to it. It doesn´t lack for soul, that´s for sure. Nor does it lack for party spirit! Our hotel was a gorgeous little place on what we discovered is known as party street in Segovia. And yes, they partied and partied and partied. To about 5am in fact. We flaked well before this and all I can say is thank god for ear plugs! They saved our sanity and our sleep.

We wondered the streets aimlessly, losing ourselves in the meandering paths and discovering the glorious parks that surround the city where we strolled and admired the truly amazing city above us. The castle was what fairy tales are made of. A scene straight from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I have some amazing pictures that I can´t upload yet because they´re on a different camera to the happy snappy we´ve been using to update this blog. I´ll do it when I get home.

We had dinner in a quaint little kitchenette that served up some wonderful food and Sangria. A fitting
Dinner in SegoviaDinner in SegoviaDinner in Segovia

Rizzo sinking Sangria over a beautiful dinner in Segovia
finale to a spectacular day. Segovia is listed as a world heritage city and rightly so. It is a true wonder of the world and deserves preservation for all time.

On the way to the train station we finally stumbled across a fruit shop and a supermarket. As much as we enjoy Spanish food, fruit and veg is not a large part of their staple diet so we took the opportunity to stock up and gorge ourselves on as much fruit as our stomaches could hold. If there´s one thing we have in Australia that just can´t be beat is variety.

Tonight we have booked ourselves into a swanky Spanish restaurant, to finish our stay in Spain on a (hopefully) high note. We´re off to Geneva tomorrow for the last leg of my adventure before Fleury and I go our own separate ways for a couple of weeks.

Rizzo sad now. 😞




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Bus Tour in SegoviaBus Tour in Segovia
Bus Tour in Segovia

Rizzo being a tourist in Segovia with the Aquaduct in the background
The old city of SegoviaThe old city of Segovia
The old city of Segovia

The old city of Segovia. The picture doesn´t do it justice.


2nd September 2007

AHHHHH......
Sounds like the both of you will need a 2 week rest when you return home. Party hard and keep up the blog. Enjoying the read and yes am slightly jealous, however inspired to start arranging my trip. xox

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb