wiped out


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Salamanca
June 12th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey friends-

well this weekend we traveld by bus to andalucia. the hawaii group was with a school from the deep south of texas....or really like mexico of which all where fluent speakers. i dont think they really liked us cuz we where there to have fun and they where all seriouse and stuff. owell. they probably where jelouse that we are from hawaii.

we left early friday morning and arrived in sevilla at about 1 in the afternoon. i love sevilla. it is very beautiful and the city is alot bigger than salamanca. it is very colorful and the buildings are amazing. it looks a bit like san fran in a way. we visited the third largest calthedrial in the world there which was pretty impressive. they also had pretty good shopping and the weather was a bit like cali but a few degress warmer. we stayed the night in a hotel...which i have to say was very very nice and we got to chill out.

the next day we went to granada. o boy that was like a 3 hr bus ride. we where all sick of riding on the bus when we got there. the first place we saw was where the funders of colombus´s journey all started. they gave him the boats to come and discover america and what not. it was cool cuz we got to see where the family was barried. next we went to another cathediral...but this one was white. it was pretty too. but the best part of granada that day was the gipseys trying to sell you a piece of rosemary. they grab ur hands and say ¨mala suerte¨ if you dont buy it. but you gotta be careful that they dont steel ur wallet. after that we vegged out in a nice hotel..then spent the evening watching the flamanco dacing. wow that was cool, beautiful women and hansom men doing this crazy dacing. it was fun.

the next day we went to see the La ambra. its a muslim palace. it took us 4 hrs to get thu it...it was freakin bit. but ofcorse it was beautiful. it was freakin hot tho....we where high up on a mountain in the hot ass sun. then we left at about 7 at night and had a 8 hr bus ride back to salamaca. we got back at 3 in the morning. we spent too much time on a bus. but i thought granada was a strange town. i got a werid vibe from it cuz it seems like there is nothing to do..but it could just be that we where in the wrong part of the town.

by the way i had salami and cheese on the bus ride home....hahaha. anyway, im exaused now but im glad. next weekend we are going to portugal...and i herd that we are gonna get some beach time in. im just not looking forward to the dreadful bus ride.

by the way an important word i learned was VENGA....haha it seemed like thats all out tour lead said.

anyway, ill update this blog soon. let ya know how portugal goes.
miss ya and talk to you all soon.

alyson

Advertisement



12th June 2006

VENGA???
What does this mean??? Great report. Thanks.

Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb