Quick update


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Salamanca
April 18th 2007
Published: April 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Pooped kidsPooped kidsPooped kids

This is what the kids looked like at the end of the night when we lost our car in Almeria.
Greetings from Salamanca, a fabulous university town about two hours from Madrid. We drove here yesterday from Protugal; we were all glad to get back to a place where we understand the language. Portuguese is hard.

We stayed last night in a pension on the Plaza Mayor, a great old open plaza about 200 yards across each way. The highlight of the morning for me was a short run around town, followed by sitting in the sun at a cafe in the plaza reading the Spainish paper and the International Herald Tribune. This morning's other major event was getting the kids' haircut. Ryan was in tears for about an hour because Angie told the barber that she should take an inch off, and was misunderstood to mean that she should only leave an inch. I think it looks good, but Ryan's not persuaded. And tomorrow is his 10th birthday.

We'll drive later this afternoon to Avila to see that old town and be closer to the airport in Madrid. Tomorrow we fly to Paris to visit our friend Marine and spend 6 days there. From there its back to Sevilla and school for the kids. I'm anxious for the travelling to end and for the kids to have more structure in their days.

Hope all is well there; our hearts go out to the victims and their families at Virginia Tech. You can imagine what the press is doing here with the handgun culture in the states.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb