From Santinalla del mar to Leon Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » León
June 27th 2015
Published: June 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

There is very little English in Spain and that can lead to problems. We found that out with food. The menus are mainly in Spanish and by asking you do not always receive the right answer. That was the case in one place where we ordered green beans with ham and received fish soup. That turned us really of. They were good about it and changed it over for the right one. The roads in Spain are very good and it does not take long to go from A to B. We landed early in Santinalla del Mar and found our way through the tiny streets to our B&B We had a nice room there with shower and a very nice view over the country side. Breakfast was not so exclusive. They eat here in the morning lots of sweet stuff, jam and cakes. Not really our breakfast. We stayed here a few days for there is a lot to see. We took one day out to visit some places at the coast which is very close. There are a lot of Pilgrims here that walk their way to Santa di Compostella. We like our car and proceed our journey with that. Next place was Leon. A city started by the Romans in 68A.D That is a long time ago but you can see the remains of them that are here. Again the old cities are not made for our cars and to stop them entering they put post up that if need disappear into into the ground. So was the case when we arrived. Liz had to walk to the Convent, for that was our next stop. It belongs to Nuns who are the Order of St Benedictine. She came back with a person that could make the post disappear and I could drive inside the city. Again the places to park are so tiny but we got in. The place is beautiful. Very nice room with shower and TV. It is a very interesting town with it's history made by the many churches. The people all go to bed from 13.30 till 17.00 and everything is closed apart from drinks and tapaz. Even the Museums and Churches they all closed. You have to wait till about 17.00 so you can continue seeing all the interesting things. Tomorrow we are of to Salamanca, till than.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb