Burgos Bound


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Burgos
October 26th 2011
Published: October 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Nearly everyone attended yesterday's walking tour of Salamanca, but for two singers who have head colds. They opted to rest up prior to the concert. Those of us who went on the tour enjoyed a long visit to the cathedral, where we were able to do some semi-spontaneous singing under its soaring 220 foot dome.

In the evening, we were off to the Palacio
Figueroa to sing our first concert of our amended tour. The room was packed, with audience members standing all around the walls after the chairs filled. We could not have had a more receptive and appreciative audience.

We retired from the concert to a group dinner near the city center. We didn't finish dinner until nearly midnight, which means we're starting to eat on Spanish time (most restaurants don't open their kitchens before 8 in the evening).

This morning, we bid farewell to Salamanca and rode to Burgos, where three more singers joined us (no airline problems...they just had work conflicts). The day was unscheduled, so most of us took the opportunity for a brief walk around town, and a nap before dinner. Tomorrow, we rehearse and have a concert in the lovely Gothic cathedral here. Look it up! It's quite impressive.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb