San Bol - Population Three - All Pilgrims


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Burgos
April 12th 2010
Published: April 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Burgos to San Bol


Near VillabillaNear VillabillaNear Villabilla

Walking under the A-231where it crosses rio Arlanzon.

Notebook Entry


Plan was to go to Hontanos, as guidebook stated San Bol albergue only open from May. Didn´t quite work that way.

Leaving Burgos was a much more pleasant walk than the entry the previous day. Wind became bitter about two hours into walk, and I progressively rugged up to be the Michelin Man. Spent rest of day trying to get layering right.

Long climb from Rabe onto the mesata, and rugged up all the way at Fuente de Pratorre - a font in name only as it was dry.

Big lunch at Hornillos, then walked to San Bol. Wind really up and walking with pack getting quite difficult, so I decided to take the chance on the albergue being open. An extra couple of hundred metres if it wasn´t, and a better night if it was. I got the better night.

There was already another pilgrim there, Fritz, an Austrian, and we were joined later by a third. The hospitalero cooked us a paella for dinner, and there was fruit and nuts. After the meal, he left for the evening, and the population of San Bol was three pilgrims.

Albergue quite delightful. It is
Rabe de las CalzadosRabe de las CalzadosRabe de las Calzados

Farmland to the west of Rabe de las Calzados
located near a healing well, although the temperature was not conducive to trying their efficacy. Wind really howling as the evening progressed, and I was glad not to be still out walking.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Meseta landscape Meseta landscape
Meseta landscape

This was the first of the meseta, here overlooking Hornillos del Camino.
Albergue San BolAlbergue San Bol
Albergue San Bol

The wind was howling outside, and I was glad to be inside after at this point.
San BolSan Bol
San Bol

Copse and healing font. Bit too chilly to test the power of the waters at this time.


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb