To-le-do


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile-La Mancha » Toledo
February 1st 2013
Published: February 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

With another day trip from Madrid, it seems like we prefer the little cosy towns out of the bustling city! My fondest memories of Toledo has got to be the towering Cathedral in the middle of the town centre and the ancient roman bridge. The structures were majestic and has got the uncanny similarity to those in Segovia, though uniquely different. Especially love the shot of the bridge busking in the rising sun. The morning shots were kind of dull due to the weather but when the clouds clear and the sun shone, man, the view of the town was breathtaking in its own rights. A combination of castle buildings and frontiers, old cathedrals and bridges, with more modern day transportation like the tram running within the town area, Toledo is a mix of traditional structures and traditions infused with an ever-growing active tourism industry, seeing more of tourists in the area in recent years. We did try the local dish, perdiz roja estofada, or stewed red-legged partridge and it was delicious! Kinda reminded me of the quail I ate during my army days. lol. Definitely recommended for anyone visiting Toledo. Segovia has a pig, Toledo has a bird!

With the end of the visit to Toledo, it also marks the end of my trip in Spain. 11 days, 10 nights, an immense lots of exploration, discoveries and learning. Be it in Andalucia, Catalonia or in Castile, I have learnt a lot, from the understanding of the differences and similarities in cultures and traditions; seen a lot, from castles to cathedrals, to countryside landscapes and cities. Spain's experiences will definitely hold a special place in my memory bank, as I seek to explore the other European countries in the near future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb