Day trip


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile-La Mancha » Toledo
February 18th 2006
Published: May 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Recently took a small day excursion with some friends to Toledo, what used to be Spain's capital up until the 1500's or so. It's about an hour away by bus, south of Madrid and though we could've gone through the school, we were more fitted to go wander around on our own.

Toledo is such a beautiful town! We went to the Cristo de la luz which was a mosque built long ago, a lot of things were built long ago and since I'm not too well with dates & history & all that jazz, we'll leave it at that. hahah. The cathedral was absolutely amazing, I could definitely say that it beats the Notre Dame in Paris, France. It's crazy to think how they built something so big and tall back in the days with such great detail, just goes to show how surprising & intelligent human kind can be, even centuries ago without the resources that we have today. After the cathedral, we wandered the city and some of us had split. Perla & I walked down the street a little further and found the most amazing view in Toledo with the river and the bridges featured in the postcards! It definitely was cold but the view was spectacular and we also stopped by another church to check it out.

I'm definitely enjoying this semester so much more than all of lasts semester, and to think it's only been 3 weeks...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb