Canary Islands!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Gran Canaria
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

AQUALAND!AQUALAND!AQUALAND!

Me Beth and Birdie
Helloooo! Sooo I´m going to have to make this a semi-quick entry since I have to leave to get home for lunch in about 10 mins (p.s. I´m starvinggg)....
So, Canary Islands was a blast! We had a flight out of Sevilla at 11pm Wednesday night so we ended up getting to our hotel at about 1:30am. We booked our trip through the travel agency Discover Sevilla and I was really impressed with how organized everything was. We had pre-paid for most of the trip ... so when we got to the airport we had a bus waiting there for us with a tour guide that took us right to our hotel. When we got there, there was a woman at the door telling us to check-in and then come to the dining room if we were hungry before they had dinner waiting for us! (at 2am!) It was pretty much a huge dinner salad with various meats and cheeses and fruit and bread, but it was great after a long day!
Thursday we all (we had a group of about 20 that came) decided to go to the beach. That idea was short-lived once we were there and we were
Me, Colleen and CodyMe, Colleen and CodyMe, Colleen and Cody

Out in Gran Canaria Friday night
pretty much caught in the middle of a sand storm. Half way through the day we went back to the hotel and laid out by the pool... which was amazing. We had 3 huge pools and 2 hot tubs. With our hotel we had breakfast and dinner in included, which was awesome. The meals were DELICIOUS. It was buffet style, and I was in heaven hahaha. That night we hung out in Birdie, Leah and Lindsay´s room with everyone and played games in there... it was a lot of fun. Later, about 5 of us decided to check out the in-hotel discoteca, which was fun for about 15 minutes because we were the ONLY ones there.. hahaha.
Friday we laid out all day and then at night we went out. We went to a couple different dance clubs which were pretty fun... oh yeah, I forgot to mention that this was pretty much the only time on our trip when we saw people our age or at least within 10 years of our age because our hotel was like retirement city. There was probably about 90% of the people staying at our hotel over the age of 65.
Saturday was GREAT. Me, Beth, Birdie, Ryan and Brad decided to go to a nearby waterpark for the day called Aqua Land. It was soooooooo much fun! Definitely the highlight of my weekend. Saturday night we hung around the hotel for awhile and watched an acrobat show they put on there and then went out for late night pizza with the girls at a little restaurant on the beach. We left Canary Islands at 12:30pm ish on Sunday and we were back in Sevilla for dinner last night. It was a really fun weekend.
Pictures coming soon, I need to get some of Beth´s because I hardly took my camera out the whole weekend.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The chicasThe chicas
The chicas

Birdie, Me, Beth, Cody, Lindsay, Leah and Colleen


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb