Las Islas Canarias


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Gran Canaria
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

la playala playala playa

supposedly the sky is like that because of a sandstorm in the sahara. the other days were clearer.
The weekend was too relaxing. We left Wednesday night and didn´t get back until Sunday night. (no school on Wednesday for Andalucia Day) The first full day was just hanging out on the beach. The temperature was good, but it was too breezy for frisbee. Luckily Brad brought a football which got a lot of use. The food at the hotel was pretty awesome. One night there was pork roast, fried chicken, and steak. Needless to say we ate very well. That night we went to the discoteca in the basement of our hotel which was pretty funny. 7 of us went down and brought the total capacity up to 11. We stayed for like 2 songs.

The next day we slept in, ate breakfast and spent a good chunk of the day alternating between laying by the pool, swimming, and the hot tub. It was really nice just to do nothing for a day. At night almost everyone took after dinner. Brad and I weren´t tired so we just went for a walk to find a good place to play frisbee. We got on the beach and found like a big tunnel so we walked through it. It opened
the waterparkthe waterparkthe waterpark

the yellow slide in the middle was my fav, brad´s pic
up to a big open area with another tunnel at the other end. We went through like 3 tunnels and ended up across a highway and started walking up a hill towards the center of the island. The climbing wasn´t tough so we just kept seeing the next ridge and we kept going to the next one. 45 minutes later we realized we should probably turn back when we could no longer read the enormous neon sign on top of our hotel. It was a pretty awesome view though and I´m still kicking myself for not bringing my camera. In a way though that I can´t see exactly what I saw that night ever again makes it seem a little cooler.

I didn´t take many pictures at the canaries just because to be entirely honest it´s super touristy and outside of the beach there wasn´t much to see. The whole weekend we met very few people who spoke Spanish and far more people spoke English and German. There really weren´t many native Spaniards there at all, but it was still pretty cool.

On Saturday 5 of us went to a water park called Aqualand. It was pretty small,
walkingwalkingwalking

me and brad, doing what we do
but everything is compared to Noah´s Ark. However, the lines were non-existent so we hit every single slide in the park. I´ll see if I can get some of Brad´s pictures. There was one called Crazy Race where like 8 people could go down side by side in their own lanes which was fun. They had a lazy river which I enjoyed. I forgot the name of my favorite one though. It was yellow and it essentially was a freefall inside a tube. Literally for a split second you´re not touching anything but air.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb