The basque country and its festivals (Aste Nagusia)


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country
August 10th 2007
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Party in San Sebastian 24 secs
This blog is dedicated to all the people that love to make fiesta in Basque Style!!! I mean: lot of music every where, funny and kind people, Kalimotxo (local beverage, a mix of coca cola and red wine) and traditions!
In August 2007 I went to the basque country with some friends, after reading on internet that in this period every year take place a great fiesta!!! it's called Aste Nagusia (Semana Grande)! it involves 3 cities, and last one week in every city.
The first one is Vitoria, but unfortunately didn't go there 😞 ... the second one is San Sebastian, a really nice city on the Ocean! it has a great Architectural Structure, with big Palace and a very nice beach where lots of surfers go to have fun!
The party in this city is really awesome, while you walk through the old part of the city you can see in EVERY bar people drinking and eating TAPAS, while singing their traditional songs!!!then during the night the party goes really near to the beach! Then the last city: Bilbao...in this place the party really became HUGE!!! all the city is involved in this party, people from 10 to 70 years go down in the streets to dance and drink!!! bilbao is a nice city but in my opinion i really appreciate more San Sebastian, because it's more carateristic!!! ok now...take a look to these pictures and let me know what you think!
for any info...i'm here!!! ;-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

San SebastianSan Sebastian
San Sebastian

In the old quartier
San Sebastian beachSan Sebastian beach
San Sebastian beach

thanks to my photographer Riky!!!
Drink Menu!!Drink Menu!!
Drink Menu!!

orgasmo???? :D
Pais VascoPais Vasco
Pais Vasco

They are really proud of be part of the Basque country, they say thay are not spanish!


17th August 2008

Bilbao ?
Ma.. mi sa che non ho ben capito per dove sei partito o__O Comunque a Bilbao ci sono stata anche Io, รจ carinissima specie il Guggenheim Museum. Un abbraccio, divertiti..

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb