Debugging in San Sebastian


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
July 10th 2006
Published: July 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

With all the bites Reesa and I were covered in, we had come to the conclusion that the bedbugs were still with us for sure. We spent the morning shopping for a long sleeve shirt so poor Reesa could cover her bites. Mine were getting a bit better by now. We also bought debugging supplies such as insect killer and garbage bags. We took a bus to San Sebastian at 3pm. The hostel we were staying at was called Hospedaje Ibai and was run by this cute spanish couple that spoke no english. But they were so nice and the place was spotless. I recommend it to anyone going that way! There was only a slight problem. The wife explained to us that for our first night she only had a room for 2 ppl and then a room for one person in a different building down the street. But the next night we would all be together again. The single room ended up being the couples spare bedroom in their house! They were so sweet though, that we couldnt really complain. We started debugging ASAP. We made laundry piles, threw out whatever we could and washed and checked all of our bottles and toilettries. We found an adult bedbug sleeping comfortably on our spare roll of toilette paper in a ziploc bag with a hole in it. It got smushed by Angele and thrown away ASAP.

A couple of hours later we were fed up and hungry. So we went wandering through the streets of San Sebastian in search for food. We found a trendy little restaurant in the Old City. It was not typical spanish food, but it was delicous and perfect comfort food that we were looking for. We wandered and window shopped some more before heading back to the hostel. At around midnight we were all exhausted. Angele volunteered to walk down the street to the other room. But our only problem was that we lost the address. I was convinced that it was #21. So she set off with the keys. Reesa and I were very surprised to hear someone opening our door 15min later. Apparently none of the keys were working. So, we all got nice and comfy on the double bed for the night. We did find the address the next morning and it was #19. But Angele didnt want to start trying random doors as there were a few dodgy looking guys drinking in the area at the time.

Amie

Advertisement



24th July 2006

What a great story :S
I hope these bede bug stories end. I am starting to have nightmares about them. Also Amie, I was just wondering if Angele or Reesa wander away into the tapas bars like my mom did. Cheers, Cathy

Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb