Arrival


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
July 6th 2006
Published: July 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

TapasTapasTapas

The great spanish past time, of an abundance of small snacks which everyone stands around and picks at
Spent the day on the bus before arriving in San Sebastian. We (Mus and Sarah from Canberra and I) decided to head to the running of the bulls. There were no buses early enough in the morning or returning late at night so if you wanted to go the last bus from San Sebastian is at 9.15pm with the first bus back at 9.15am.
We went for tapas first in the old town which is an institution in Spain. Because they dont eat dinner until 9pm these bars have hundreds of appetizers lined up which you snack on. It was awesome. For 6 euro I had a delicious meat skewer, octopus skewer, bread with prociutto, black rice adn sundried pepper and a prawny one.

The entire population of Pamplona seemed to be out and abotu with everybody dressed i the traditional white and red. Some were stained purple because at the opening ceremony there is a food fight and people were covered in Sangria.

We arrived just in time for a very lon fireworks display. Funny thing was there wre no tourists to be seen, everyone was spanish.

We then walked around and found a concert with a
TapasTapasTapas

The great spanish past time, of an abundance of small snacks which everyone stands around and picks at
really bad spanish cover band, their equivalent of Steps or something old school. The funny thing was at 3am there were still families of locals out and about

We went in search for the party but could only find little bars full of spanish people and music. Looking for the bull ring we got lost for a couple of hours, it turned out we had gone in the completely wrong direction.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb