Day 12


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
July 15th 2005
Published: July 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We got into San Sebastian yesterday, after a long couple of hours in Pamplona. We left Madrid on the 13th and went north to Pamplona. We got into Pamplona around 6pm with no where to stay. So we put all of our bags in a locker and left the train station for the main square. On the bus ride to the center of town, we drove around the entire city and every single person (tourists and locals) was dressed in the white shirt, white pants, red sash and a red bandana tied around their necks. It was incredible. Little babies and 90 year old men were even dressed up. So the three of us forked over 20 euros for the entire get-up and got in the spirit.

Seeing as how we didnt have a hotel/hostel booked, we decided to stay up all night and run with the bulls at 8am. Well, the entire city appeared to also have the same plan. Ten of thousands of people hung out in the main square all night, while a gospel choir was on bandstand. It was quite the scene.

Finally 8am rolls around and the streets are packed and the balconies over the street are packed to the gills with people. The weird part about the whole thing was that the bulls only run for .8miles and it lasts all of 3 minutes. But Grant got a great video of the whole experience and to our knowledge, no one was injured or gored while we were there.

So after the running, we went back and got our bags from the train station and made our way to the bus station and took and hour bus ride to san Sebastian. The place the gorgeous. The beachs are somewhat packed, but the town is excellent and the weather is perfect. We have a couple more nights here then off to Bilbao, the Barcelona and Nice. We have decided to try and make it over to Croatia before leaving Rome, so that should be really interesting


We hope everyone is having a great summer and we look forward to hearing from people about whats going on in the States.


Will, Grant & Mark

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb