San Sebastian


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
March 27th 2018
Published: March 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Slow day today in San Sebastian - weather changed from cloudy to railny to sunny many times throughout the day. Went for a walk, found a church, and the river, then stumbled across the shopping mall (and a shopping centre). Maurice decided to keep walking, I had a look around - lots of up market shops, but ventured into the supermarket again, in the frozen foods section, you can buy seafood and vegetables loose - just scoop up how many you want.

Then made my way back to the hotel, to Bar Swing - the bar in the lobby. Have been trying to get in here since we arrived, but very popular - views onto the beach. So managed to sit there for an hour or so before Maurice arrived back, then had late lunch there (or not so late if you are on Spanish time, apparently lunch is between 2 & 5pm). Could have stayed all afternoon, but thought we better let somebody else have the table.

Went to a bar Maurice found earlier (Bartolo) to have pinchos for dinner. Amazing place - trays of pinchos (snack sized) on the bar, and you just help yourself! Show the guy behind the bar what you have (who knows how they keep track) and dig in!

Took lots more photos of "the view" from the room today - it's like the Eiffel Tower - can't help yourself!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.332s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb