Bilbao - a sunny start to our Spanish adventure!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » Bilbao
September 7th 2012
Published: September 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Si, si, si! We have arrived in Spain!!

We took a flight from London Heathrow to Bilbao ahead of starting our new jobs in Pamplona. Having never been to the North of Spain before, everything was very new to us. Even the language is going to take a bit of getting used to, but it is getting easier by the day.

On arrival we took a taxi to the NH Deusto which was rather a nice way to begin. It's just a shame our room had such a crappy view of someone's washing hanging out instead of Bilbao's spectacular scenery.

After checking in we headed straight out to some nearby tapas, or should I say, pintxos, bars. Wow, we had forgotten just how nice Spanish red wine is!! From take-off at Heathrow to the bar took about 3 hours. Amazing!

The next day we had a chance to wander around part of the city. We'll return to see inside the impressive gugenheim Museum in the near future. Time was short though, so we looked at it from the outside whilst we marvelled at the architecture and strange sculptures. The shiny balls reflecting all around them were quite something but the giant puppy made from fresh flowers captured our hearts! We were also treated to the delightful sound of a Scottish bagpipe band who were in the area for a folk festival. The Spanish onlookers seemed bemused!!

After lunch in another pintxos bar it was time to head back to the hotel. There we waited for our new boss to arrive and take us to Pamplona.

Our new adventure starts now. Hasta pronto!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Tourists on the bridgeTourists on the bridge
Tourists on the bridge

Their photos will have the Gugenheim in the background.


13th September 2012

Let's toast to new adventures!
3 hours from Heathrow to wine is moving at a nice pace. I'll have to go back a blog or two to see if you stated what your new jobs are as I don't remember that part. Looking forward to following along on your Spanish adventures.
13th September 2012

The Lion of Bilbao
Looks more like a tiger! Some more great pics, keep it up.
14th September 2012

Tiger or Lion?
I think there is some debate in Bilbao about that!
16th September 2012

Tiger!
It really looks like a tiger. Looking forward to see / read more. Hen gap lai!
12th February 2013

Thank you for sharing this very nice post, please keep continue the sharing of this types of information. Here we are waiting for more

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.1153s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb