Our First Week at Uni


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Aragon » Zaragoza » Nuevalos
February 8th 2014
Published: February 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well this post was supposed to go into depth detail about how starting University in Spain went ... I wish I could tell you about all the lectures we went to but the fact is we are yet to be enrolled to the University of Zaragoza. Although it's not like we did not try! We met up on numerous occasions with our coordinator this week and we are awaiting a response with our timetables hopefully attached! Next week there should be more to share on the University front but in the meantime I will let you know what else we have been up to.

Wednesday evening was the Welcome Meeting for all the new ERASMUS students. The whole presentation was in Spanish with an English at times PowerPoint in the background, this meant we understood about 5% of the talk - thus being that there is a trip to Ibiza in May and the short speech the English guy did at the end to tell us all about his time so far in Zaragoza! The same evening we went out to try and make some friends.. This will sound completely cringe worthy but we were in Fox Taverna (Wednesday venue for ERASMUS) and we were getting nowhere with the new friend situation so I spotted a girl who looked English and approached her. She was so lovely and right then and there we planned our next night out which was going to be Friday!

As some of you may know we have been trying very hard to eat healthy-ish during the week and have a blow out on a Friday as there are so many restaurants we hope to visit - we literally have something booked in for every Friday for the next month! This Friday was Tapas time! It was nearing the 3 week mark for us having arrived in Zaragoza and we were yet to have been to a Spanish restaurant which I have been slightly embarrassed by. So Friday around 3pm (very spanish time to have lunch) we went to the street in Zaragoza famous for the lovely tapas restaurants 'el tubo'. The tapas was heaven, we had a selection of delicious cold meats and cheese and of course Vino Blanco on the side! Next on the agenda was Churros ... again we visited heaven with a cup of chocolate to dip the freshly made Churros.

In the evening we went to botelliĆ³n (very important spanish word basically means pre-drinks) with our new friend. In the same room there was someone from Columbia, France, Germany, Croatia, Barbados and two english girls! Everyone we met were really nice and they were a lot of fun to go out with!However it is quite a shock to the system when you are used to leaving a club at 3am in Scotland but it wasn't 3am until we left the botelliĆ³n to arrive at the club! Half of us made it until 5.30am which we were very proud of even though we could of carried on partying until 7am(when the club closed) .. maybe by the end of the 6 months that will be the case! The ERASMUS night this evening was held in Mile End and it was a Snow Party which they happened to explain at the meeting but as said before we had trouble understanding therefore we were unsure of if it was fancy dress or something like that. Could just see us turning up dressed as snowflakes or dressed ready to go skiing and being the only ones. Our new friend cleared up all our concerns and that the only thing we had to worry about was confetti!

All in all this week has not gone exactly to plan as we did not start University but our coordinator did not sound like she was in any rush to get us started so there must not be a problem with missing classes!

Hope you're all doing well! Speak soon

Nadine

xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb