Out for the weekend


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Aragon » Plan
April 25th 2013
Published: April 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We got there late at night, we were looking for a peaceful place to sleep, had been on the road for the past 5 hours, in a desperate race to escape the city. None of the little towns we passed in our way seemed to have the charm we were looking for, we just wanted something quiet and hopefully breathtaking. We passed beautiful sights, we stopped to take pictures whenever we felt like it (yes, we are slow travelers, we see a river and stop just to soak our feet in it because we wanted to see how cold the water is, the type that see a large grass field and stop, take their shoes off and just feel mother nature climbing up their legs).
We passed a beautiful emerald lake called Río Gallego, it was such a beautiful sight we had to stop and just watch... we also found tunnels in the middle of mountains, driving our car with no destination and a cliff in our right side was a very beautiful experience, specially because we have a roofless car, we could see the rock tunnel on the inside.
By the time we arrived to a town called Plan, it was very late, the darkness of night didn’t let us appreciate the sight, but It looked like the quiet little place we were looking for, the breathtaking sights.. we couldn't see... yet.
We stayed at a beautiful little hotel called Hotel Mediodía surrounded by mountains and instantly went to bed, a day of traveling can be exhausting.
The next morning we woke up to a perfect silence only interrupted by the sound of our fireplace, the town was perfect, with a few houses and a small Gothic church, you could basically walk the town in ten minutes.
We were ready for some adventure so we left, destination (of course) unknown, after driving for 30 minutes we found a natural park where we could take a walk, a 20 minute walk (For us it was a 30 minute one since we have some sort of traveler ADD) through a forest, lots of trees, little rivers and beautiful flowers, suddenly without expecting it, a huge lake surrounded by mountains appeared in front of our eyes, the best reward for a walk under the sun. We played, we swam, we met people from a foreign country and waited until we were dry enough to leave.
Our little weekend adventure wasn’t over, sunset time was coming and we needed a perfect spot to watch it (Yes I know.... we are one of those couples) we kept driving and turned in the first road up a mountain, after 20 minutes found a magic place in the top of a mountain, we could see the little valley where we were staying, we parked, took a few blankets from our car and just cuddled until the sun disappeared.
We stayed one more night and went back home feeling different, we were happy, ready to work another week, pay bills, talk to strangers, make little kids laugh, make soap bubbles, you know... everyday stuff.
The next few days we both felt different back in the city, even our pace was different, we walked slower, we payed attention to streets and buildings, we were calm and actually disturbed by little attention people pay to small details. This is the way I (as my father says) recharge batteries, this is how I’m a happy person all the time, because I go away from all the mayhem that surrounds my live and just enjoy, nature tends to have that effect on me. So If you are reading this sitting in your office chair, start planning your weekend trip right now! make a play list and just hit the road like there’s no tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb