My vacation in south Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Tarifa
August 6th 2009
Published: August 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Very good trip when visiting my god friend Anders in Cibraltar

At Cibraltar we saw the cliff that had been used to defend The Strait of Gibraltar for several centuries. The Strait of Gibraltar connnects the Atlantic with the Mediterranean Sea. Inside the cliff there is a great tunnel system where cannons was used through small holes in the wall. In addition the cliff has a opera hall inside and on top of it many monkeys are to be seen.

A fun thing about Cibraltar is that you have to cross the runway of the airport to get into town, when you cross the border from Spain. This means that sometimes you must wait for a plane pass.

Another fun thing about Cibraltar is levante. Levante is when a cloud is placed above Cibraltar while the weather is good in all directions around the island.

The first trip away from Cibraltar was a trip to Tarifa, west of Cibraltar, where we went to a very nice beach. But we stayed at the bar of the beach all day ( such a nice bar)
In the evening we went into the town of Tarifa, but it was not a great success since nearly nobody was able to speak English. On the way to and from Tarifa we passed large wind farms. These farms are placed here because of the Atlantic wind, that enters the Mediterranean Sea through The Strait of Gibraltar.

The second day away from Cibraltar we were in Fuengirola, located east of Cibraltar. Here we tried a fast speedboat, which I knew about from the website togfrog.com where a video of this activity is presented. The link to the video is here .

The third day away from Cibraltar we were in Puerto Banus, where rich people and soldiers of fortune hang out. There were some cool cars and boats!

Last but not least I have to say that Cibraltar has a fantastic casino where drinks are fairly cheap, because the casino makes money somewhere else, as I found out .


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb