Adios for now Melampo


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Sotogrande
December 8th 2017
Published: December 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Melampo


So today was a hard day, a very hard day... Not physically, we've kinda done most of that stuff. Nah packing is easy, it's saying goodbye that is hard.

Today we were saying goodbye some of the most beautiful and kind hearted people we have met. People that without reservation and totally unconditionally, give thier time, love and lives to helping some of the many abandonned Spanish Dog's.

We have two Border Collies, both are rescue dogs, so it would be fair to say we love our dog's. Our Dog's, and Dog's in general that is - so when we decided to get out and do something worthwhile, helping in a Dog Shelter was a no brainer. We found Melampo (Facebook Here), nestled into the Campo of San Roque, the refuge is home to between 50 and 100 dog's. I was going to say unfortunate dog's, but by the time they've been here for a few days, it's easy to see they don't really want to leave. But leave they do, many to homes in Switzerland thanks to a lot of hard work, promotion and the Swiss end of the organisation who provide an excellent network of support for new owners and dogs alike. They really do find lovely Forever Homes.

Not all Dog's can go to Switzerland for various reasons, so there is also the facility to adopt in the UK, which is fantastic.

Anyway, I was saying, it was hard to say goodbye and there were a few tears, but, we will be back just as soon as we manage to get down south in the Motorhome, which of course is what this is all about. However, if you are thinking of adopting a dog and want to know more about Melampo, check out the site and Facebook or just give us a call. Our story with Melampo started with Two wee doggies now called Cris and Mo. Read thier story here and check thier progress through my FB Page. You can also see pictures of the dogs on my web site here ...

Thats it for today, a bit more packing and we are good to go.... Back to the UK that is. Phase 1. Christmas, then Phase 2, buy a Motorhome!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb